Today the students started out the day working on antonyms, homonyms and synonyms. They all seemed a little confused so Ms. Abdus-Shakur decided to work on the worksheet together. Some examples from the worksheet were give/take, right/wrong, buy/sell, afraid/scared, ate/eight, false/true, mail/male, add/subtract, polite/rude, small/tiny, fast/quick and jump/leap.
The vocab for this week, from Balto, is...
1. telegraph-a machine used to send messages in code
2. drift- large piles of snow blown by wind
3. trail- path
4. temperature- how hot or cold something is
5. guided- to be led, taken where needed to go
6. splinters- sharp, thin slivers of wood or glass.
I then got to meet one on one with C. Since she was absent the last 2 weeks I decided to review with her the story we have been reading. She read Lets Talk Abou Games nearly perfect, the best she has ever read it. Before reading I told her to track with her finger, take her time and focus on the ending of words. I explained how sometimes it can get confusing because words can end in -ed, -ing, -s and -ers. She self-corrected twice throughout the story, which she never use to do and I really was impressed with her reading. After reading I wrote the word "play" on a piece of paper and asked her to repeat the word. I continued with "played, plays, playing and player". I then had C write the word jump, jumps, jumped, jumping and jumper.
After reading the book we took out her summary we had been working on and I had her revise it. She corrected sentences with capitalizing the first letter of sentences and words that she mispelled. I had her look through the book to find the correct spelling of words she couldnt sound out. The words she needed to correct were soccer, special, favorite, wear, helmets and hurt.
During ELA pull-out class C and I got to work one-on-one with the same assigment as the rest of the group because she needs a little more help and guidance then the other students. The story we worked on was called The Scared Ghost. The story focuses on words with belends and digraphs suchs as -gh, -ph, -kn, -wr, ch (as in chick), ch (k sound), sh, and the. C had to first read the story out loud and cirlce words she didnt know. Next she had to count how many of each blend she found in the story. Some of the words she didnt know were crayon, globe, taught, couldn't, nephew and wrote.
After pull-out the students wrote sentences in their workbook using proper nouns.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment